Once in Rhodes, the Acropolis of Lindos and Ancient Kamiros should be on the top of your bucket list, while for more insights into antiquity a visit to the archaeological museum in Rhodes Old Town is a must. From there you can set out on a walk along the impressive Street of the Knights, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, dotted with Byzantine, Gothic and Ottoman landmarks. One of the biggest highlights is the fascinating Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights. Pass through the imposing gateway and take a peek into its storied past... Looking for something more modern? For a peek into contemporary art, a visit to the Artistic Village in Kolympia is also highly-recommended!
Rhodes for Nature Lovers
The Seven Springs is a most magical destination, while for more soothing walks, head to Mt. Filerimos, to marvel at jaw-dropping views and visit the charming Monastery and the Church of our Lady of Filerimos. The Butterfly Valley is one of the most popular natural attractions in Rhodes, where you can contemplate the beauty of the colourful butterflies that cover every stone, flower and tree of this enchanting oasis. Rodini Park is another destination to love. Weave through its verdant paths and say hi to its flamboyant winged inhabitants, the beautiful peacocks! For a chance to learn more about our island's vibrant nature, don't miss the chance to visit the Rodos Nature Museum that boasts a fascinating collection of photos of the local flora and fauna, as well as exhibits related to Rhodes' rich folk heritage.
Rhodes Like A Local
Island Festivals & Local Gems
Travelling to Rhodes is more than sun and sea. All around the island, exciting cultural festivals are held throughout spring, summer and early autumn to make sure you never miss an opportunity to immerse into local life and age-old traditions. Among them, you'll love:
- Saint George's feast in the village of Pastida in late April / early May
- the Strawberry festival of Paradisi village in early June
- the watermelon festival in South Rhodes every July
- the festivities in Ialyssos celebrating Prophet Ilias on July 19th and 20th
- the 3-day festival of Saint Paraskevi and Saint Panteleimon in Kattavia from the 25th to the 27th of July
- the festival for the feast of the Ascension in Kiotari on the 5th and 6th of August
- the festivities held to celebrate the Dormition of the Virgin in Ialyssos and Kremasti on the 15th of August
- the celebrations for the birth of the Virgin Mary on the 7th and 8th of September in the monastery of Pangia Tsambika in Archangelos village
Rhodes On Foot
Island Hiking Trails
With much of the island covered in hills, beautiful valleys and scenic villages, Rhodes is a hiking and trekking paradise. If you want to find out where to hike while on your Rhodes getaway, our concierge can put together a list of some of the best trails available on the island. Here’s a preview.
- the trail connecting Salakos to the monastery of Prophet Ilias
- the valley of the butterflies hike
- the path leading to the Monastery of Panagia Tsambika
- the seaside trail from Rhodes Town to Kato Petres
- the trail leading to the Ancient Akropolis of Rhodes
- the Mount Philerimos hike
The routes are endless. Just choose your path to happy Rhodes memories.